Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Role
IntraHealth International is hiring drivers for multiple locations (Kigali and Rwamagana) who will work as an integral part of USAID’s Ingobyi Activity Rwanda team. The drivers at the zonal level will report to the Zonal Coordinators while drivers based at Main Office will report to the Logistics Officer. Drivers will provide reliable and safe driving services ensuring high quality of work, demonstrating a client-oriented approach, a high sense of responsibility, and the ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The drivers will comply with program vehicle management policies and standards, driving safety and IntraHealth’s travel and safety policies.
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and picking official personnel and visitors;
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use and maintenance of vehicle, accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance and cleanliness of the assigned vehicle through ensuring full-time cleanness, minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely report to supervisor all vehicle documentation, such fueling receipts, logs, travel authorizations, vehicle control, maintenance, and vehicle refueling needs;
- Responsible for program staff transportation while observing all safety precautions;
- Coordinate daily schedules with supervisor and travelers;
- Register mileage for trips and reports on a routing sheet to be submitted to the supervisor;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the vehicle when traveling to the field;
- Serve as a messenger when needed;
- Ensure that the vehicle is used solely in accordance with IntraHealth’s vehicle policy;
- Ensure assigned vehicle is inspected annually and in a timely manner (control technique);
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least three (3) years’ experience, safe driving record preferably with international organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of Rwanda driving rules, and regulations;
- Ability to produce incident reports and work well with staff;
- Able to work under pressure and/or long hours;
- Physically and mentally fit;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and timely decision making;
- Flexible to work any of the above-listed zones.
- Possession of A2 Certificate of Secondary Education in Motor-Vehicle mechanical or related field;
- Proven Knowledge of basic auto mechanics;
- Valid Driver’s license, at least Category B – having additional categories is an asset;
- Possession of defensive driving certificate is an advantage;
- Possession of first aid training certificate is an advantage;
Language Requirements: The applicant must be a native Kinyarwanda speaker. Knowledge of either English or French languages is an asset.