DEFENDING AMERICAN FARMERS: President Donald J. Trump is defending American farmers from unjustified trade retaliation.
- President Trump has authorized the Department of Agriculture (USDA) to provide up to $16 billion in trade mitigation programs to support our farmers.
- This funding is in line with the estimated impact of China’s unjustified trade retaliation.
- $14.5 billion will go to direct payments to producers through the Market Facilitation Program.
- These payments will be made available in three allocations, as needed.
- The first payments will be made in July, and additional payments will follow in November 2019 and January 2020 if warranted.
- $1.4 billion will go to the Food Purchase and Distribution Program to purchase surplus commodities affected by trade retaliation.
- These products will then be distributed to schools, food banks, and other groups.
- $100 million will go to developing new export markets for American producers through the Agricultural Trade Promotion Program.
- These programs will help support American farmers and give President Trump additional time to work toward a long-term trade deal that works for our country.
Reaching a fair, long-term trade deal with China will be a win for American agriculture.
Read more: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-will-always-support-americas-farmers/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wh