Child Health and Malaria Specialist – IntraHealthLeave a comment / By: manifel / 07 March, 2020 08:59:39AM
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
The Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity will build upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi will improve the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability. The Activity will partner with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to build on the country’s considerable achievements, guided by national health strategies, goals, objectives and data.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Role
IntraHealth seeks one (1) Child Health and Malaria Specialist who will provide technical and program support in child health and malaria for the USAID-funded Ingobyi Activity. Under the supervisor of Zonal Coordinator, the Child and malaria specialist will be based in Rubavu District– serving at least 3 districts per Western Zone catchment area and will coordinate all malaria and child health activities along the continuum of care from facility to community. S/he will participate in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of appropriate and sustainable approaches related to child health and malaria to contribute to achievement of project deliverables.
Child Health and Malaria Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Senior RMNCH, the Senior Malaria Specialist and the Zonal Coordinator to implement scale-up strategies for high impact child health and malaria interventions at both facility and community levels, including integrated community case management(iCCM), integrated management of childhood illness (IMCI) and Emergency, Triage Assessments and Treatment plus admission (ETAT+).
• Plan implementation of activities in close collaboration with the other respective zone-based technical specialists and RBC counterparts for malaria and child health.
• Provide technical support on child health and malaria issues as part of Ingobyi’s Rapid Response Team
• Conduct training of trainers on clinical skills, mentorship, Low Dose High Frequency (LDHF) approach, and Quality Improvement (QI) principles for district-based mentors/trainers.
• Contribute to the design, development and roll out of e-learning for community health workers.
• Conduct ToTs on ICCM for the in charge of CHWs using the e-learning approach.
• Conduct supportive supervision for district-based mentors to ensure quality of IMCI and mentorship activities.
• Conduct supportive supervision for the in charge of CHWs to ensure effective implementation of the eLearning activities for CHWs.
• Specifically monitor the implementation of Ingobyi’ s workplan activities related to child health and malaria, ensure that activities are executed according to plan and are integrated across the RMNCH and malaria platforms.
• Lead all child health and malaria technical aspects of the project in the assigned zone, including the adaptation of the latest best practices on child health and evidence-based approaches into the local context.
• Actively participate in the preparation of the project work plan, budgets, and technical reports for submission to the line manager.
• Provide technical support and guidance on key program approaches for child health and malaria, including sustainable approaches to mentoring child health providers and in charge of community health workers.
• Collaborate with the MEL team, and other project personnel, to support ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• In close partnership with the Senior RMNCH Specialist, Senior Malaria Specialist and Zona Coordinator, develop and monitor learning and documentation activities related to child health and malaria activities in supported districts.
• Lead efforts to translate program data and findings into programmatic guidance and policy advocacy.
Other Malaria Responsibilities:
• Conduct supportive supervision for the in charge of CHWs to ensure quality implementation of home-based malaria (HBM) activities, in accordance with the national guideline.
• Follow-up and assure mentorship and supportive supervision for malaria activities.
• Assist finance staff to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities.
• Assist finance staff to review process and reconcile payment documentation from trainers, program, technical and management staff as well as from consultants.
• Prepare and avail job-aids and training materials in coordination with the Zonal Coordinator and the procurement officer and ensure that materials and supplies reach target sites in a timely manner.
• Prepare and submit reports on child health and malaria activities to the Zonal Coordinator or other Ingobyi personnel, upon request, in timely manner. Assist with organization of meetings, trainings, field visits, events and other activities.
• Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required.
Learning and Documentation:
• Contribute/coordinate with Ingobyi Activity MEL team to ensure that the project meets targets in accordance with the MEL framework.
• Ensure that activities related to child health and malaria in the assigned zone are properly documented and that program data are systematically collected, analyzed, submitted and properly archived as well as shared across the project to inform Ingobyi’s technical reports and to feed into Ingobyi’s learning activities.
• Share experience related to child health and malaria activities to inform the design of Ingobyi’s subsequent workplans.
Education and Relevant Work Experience Requirements:
• A degree in medicine or nursing and/or public health or other clinical disciplines.
• Additional training related to child health, malaria or community health and project planning and management.
• Experience for training in one of the high impact intervention for child health: integrated community case management (iCCM), Integrated management of childhood illness (IMCI) and Emergency, Triage Assessments and Treatment plus admission (ETAT+).
• At least five (5) years of professional experience working in child, community health or malaria programs.
• Hands-on knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of facility and community-based programs for promoting child survival.
• Sound understanding of current policy developments related to child, community health or malaria.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
• Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
• Solid skills in documentation and report writing.
• Ability to travel nationally frequently.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Note: Please, apply before March 11, 2020
Search for Post
Imbereheza Music of the week
Imbereheza Video of the week