The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Peoples’ Republic of China, the latter has offered to the Government of Rwanda four (4) undergraduate full scholarships and three (3) full scholarships for Master’s, PhD and Post-Doctoral levels, commencing in academic year 2020-2021.
Interested candidates should submit of the following application documents:
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of HEC
- National ID or Valid Passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- One (1) passeport size photo
- Original-notified certificate and transcripts
- Recommendation letters from two current or former academic staff who taught or supervised the applicant.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (Minimum of 200 words for undergraduates. 500 words and 800 words for postgraduates)
- Be under: 25 years of age for undergraduate. 35 for Master’s and 40 for Doctoral level.
- Filled forms for Chinese Government Scholarships and Medical Physical Examination (available on HEC website).
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must have studied in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related fields possess at least 70/73 in the 2019 Senior Six National Examinations or the equivalent for qualifications obtained abroad.
- Only completed application documents will be accepted
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree of at least 2nd Class Upper division or equivalent for the Master’s applicants or a good pass Masters Degree for PhD applicants.
- This scholarship covers all costs of study including One return international Air Fare. Tuition fees and living allowances (Accommodation and meals). Any other extra expenses that are associated, or which may arise in due course will be covered personally by the candidate.
A complete application file should be submitted to the Higher Education Council. Students Loan Department, Remera, near REB not later than 10/2/2020 at 11.am.
For more information,please visit http://hec.gov.rw/fileadmin/user_upload/scan0007.pdf