Application Deadline: September 30th 2021
DAAD scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Who can apply?
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
What can be funded?
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master's degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice.
This programme only funds projects in the area of Design/Planning. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of History of Architecture or applicants with a scientific project.
Duration of the funding
Master's degree programme:
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme or project
- Start: usually from 1st October of the following year after the application, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
- CLICK HERE TO VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE