Reckitt-LSHTM PhD studentships on Hygiene & Health in Sub-Saharan AfricaLeave a comment / By: manifel / 17 May, 2021 13:58:32PM
Application Deadline: 11 July 2021
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) invites applications from candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa for fully-funded 4-year PhD studentships to start a research degree programme on 3 January 2022. There are three studentships available.
These studentships have been made possible through the generosity of Reckitt, through an unrestricted donation to LSHTM.
Each PhD studentship will comprise:
· Tuition fees at the LSHTM overseas fee rate for the duration of the research project (up to 4 years)
· An annual tax-free stipend equal to the UKRI stipend level (inclusive of London weighting)
· Up to GBP20,000 for research costs, travel and/or training
LSHTM has pre-identified eight research projects that address the links between hygiene and health in Sub-Saharan Africa in one or more of the following areas:
· The role of hygiene in the prevention and transmission of infectious diseases and their consequences
· Hygiene behaviours and hygiene behaviour change
· The intersection of hygiene and broader social and economic impacts
Candidates applying for a PhD studentship under this scheme should choose one of the eight projects listed below that matches their interests, skills and experience and then develop the project further in their application.
Search for Post
Imbereheza Music of the week
Imbereheza Video of the week