Application Deadline: APRIL 1st 2020.
Starting from 2016, the Department of Urbanism of the TU Delft provides two full scholarship to students from Sub-Saharan Africa aged between 22 and 28 to participate in the Summer School.
The scholarships cover travel costs, accommodation and daily costs during the Summer School (meals and transportation).
We are looking for exceptionally motivated individuals with excellent communication skills, leadership qualities and capacity to work in a group in a collaborative way, who can demonstrate they will give a notable contribution to the Summer School and who can act as multipliers of the knowledge acquired at their home institutions.
Selected students are expected to act as ambassadors for TU Delft, the Department of Urbanism and the Delft Global Initiative and will help promote our learning philosophy and values.
This scholarship is only available to students from Sub-Saharan Africa . We strongly encourage female students to apply . (Please read our “diversity and opportunity” policy HERE).
Application for the scholarship ARE OPEN FROM 1st FEBRUARY to 1st APRIL.
The selection process will involve the following steps:
- Application starts (February 1st)
- Evaluation of CV, letter of recommendation, letter of motivation and short video from students (After April 30).
- Skype interview from selected candidates from previous phase (May)
- Announcement of recipients of scholarships (mid May)
- Students will be provided with an invitation letter and assistance to obtain a Dutch visa. Visas are granted by the competent Dutch authorities and TU Delft has no say in the process. Students will be expected to travel to the Netherlands in July (exact dates will be announced later).
Materials you need to send:
- Two-page CV
- 800-word letter of motivation. How can you contribute to the Summer School and how would it impact your studies? Please check our PAGE on how to write a good motivation letter.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher in your institution, including her/his name, position, department and contacts details. This teacher should vouch for you.
- Your official grade summary, issued by your institution.
- 3-minute video introducing yourself. You can use your smart phone to make the video. Please check our PAGE on how to make a good introduction video.
- DON’T FORGET TO LABEL ALL DOCS YOU SEND US WITH YOUR FIRST NAME+LAST NAME. Example: JOHN SMITH CV.doc
PLEASE SEE HOW TO APPLY HERE.
Click here to visit the official application website