TWAS Fellowships For Research and Advanced Training 2020/2021 For Young Scientists In Developing Countries (Fully Funded)Leave a comment / By: hbk / 30 June, 2020 20:22:54PM
TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training
TWAS offers fellowships to young scientists in developing countries to enable them to spend three to 12 months at a research institution in a developing country other than their own. The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
Partner Organizations: Hosting Countries
Minimum degree held
STARTING IN 2018 APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED VIA THE ONLINE PORTAL- PLEASE USE THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO START YOUR APPLICATION.
· The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
· Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are not eligible host institutions under this programme. Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China are required to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute. For a complete list of CAS institutes, see: . Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should either apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or consider the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries (Click here).
· The fellowships are offered for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve months.
· TWAS covers international low-cost airfare plus a contribution towards subsistence amounting to a maximum of USD 300 per month. No other costs will be provided by TWAS.
· The host institution is expected to provide accommodation and food as well as research facilities.
Fellowships are awarded by the TWAS Fellowships Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
Applicants must complete the online application form by clicking on the 'Apply now' button at the bottom of this page. While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
· scanned copy of your passport, even if expired (page with your name and surname);
· CV, maximum five pages including publications;
· Supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
· two reference letters of senior scientists familiar with your work. Please note that the Head of your Home Institution cannot be one of your referees;
· MSc certificate and relevant university transcripts;
· Official invitation letter from the Head of the Host Institute;
· Note that the Fellowships are provided for South-South visits only, i.e. for visits by researchers from developing countries to institutions in other developing countries.
· Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS programmes. One exception: the head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS programmes may still apply for another programme.
Please be sure to understand the eligibility criteria and other key requirements that are also specified in the online application form .
For more information
Search for Post
Imbereheza Music of the week
Imbereheza Video of the week