Application Deadline: 22nd April 2020
This international event is a gathering of the world’s brightest minds, talents, and products and is a celebration of today’s innovations and tomorrow’s possibilities for everyone who believes in the power of technology to transform business and society! VivaTech is dedicated to the growth of startups, hosting more than 13 000 of them and enable them to present their innovation on the market.
Learn more about all Challenges here and click here to check out our website.
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. UNESCO works so that each child and citizen has access to quality education. By promoting cultural heritage and the equal dignity of all cultures, UNESCO strengthens bonds among nations. UNESCO fosters scientific programmes and policies as platforms for development and cooperation. UNESCO stands up for freedom of expression and access to information, as a fundamental right and a key condition for democracy and development. Serving as a laboratory of ideas with digital innovation at its heart, UNESCO helps countries develop policies and programmes that foster the free flow of ideas and knowledge sharing to tackle the world’s challenges and ensure sustainable development for all.
The founder must be under 35 yo.
The solution/product presented must:
- Be functional: we prefer real code and design implementations over mockups;
- Be innovative: relevance, originality and innovation level of the tech solution compared to existing alternatives;
- Be FOSS/Open Source: in line with the commitment of UNESCO to ensure access to information and harness new technologies to improve people’s lives and tackle sustainable development challenges;
Additional criteria that will be taken into account:
- Be easy-to-use: solution is intuitive with a clear and easy -to -use UI/UX;
- Be scalable: possibility to scale the solution and replicate it in various different contexts;
- Be inclusive: the solution targets and involves, both in its inception and deployment, women, youth, and otherwise marginalized groups.
– Presence on stage at VivaTech
– 5 free Startup passes for the 3 days of VivaTech
– A startup booth at VivaTech 2021
– Mentoring growth program with senior executives from Vivatech partners
– A private meeting with our high-level jury
– Be highlighted at the UNESCO annual conference
– Be featured on the UNESCO website and its official communications
– Be highlighted by all media partners